VENISON BURGER RECIPE
FOR YOUR 4th OF JULY HOLIDAY
Ingredients - Marinade
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon Ketchup
- 1 Teaspoon Worcester sauce
- 1 Small Onion
- 1Teaspoon Garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Sour Cream
- 1.5 to 2 Pounds Ground Venison
Mix the above ingredients together, with the exception of the onion, and refrigerate meat and marinade while preparing onion.
Chop the small onion then remove the meat marinade from the refrigerator and add the onion.
Now you are ready to make your venison patties.
Heat burner to medium heat and cook according to taste. (see guide below)
Guidelines For Burger Doneness:
- Well Done: 160°F to 165°F – It’s very tough and usually dry. If you use store-bought ground beef, you have to cook it to this temperature, or you can pasteurize it at 140°F for at least 12 minutes.
- Medium Well: 150°F to 155°F – This burger will have a small amount of pink in the very center, but the outsides will have started to dry out.
- Medium: 140°F to 145°F – Slight pink throughout the inside of the burger.
- Medium Rare: 130°F to 135°F – If proper precautions are taken, you can cook and eat at this temperature.
- Rare: 120°F to 125°F – You should never cook and eat a burger at this temperature for safety reasons.
SERVE AND ENJOY!